Bachelor of Science in Education (B.S.Ed.) in Middle Childhood Education
What is Early & Middle Childhood Education? Lima Education Department Pages
Through the College of Education and Human Ecology, the Ohio State University at Lima offers nationally ranked programs for students interested in teaching grades pre-kindergarten through 3 (Early Childhood) or grades 4-9 (Middle Childhood). Teacher candidates benefit from small class sizes, personalized attention from faculty, staff and field supervisors, observational and teaching experiences with students in area schools, opportunities for service learning, and the prestige of attending a Big Ten university, all while completing coursework on a beautiful OSU campus close to home. Undergraduate students in Education complete courses in a variety of disciplines to develop knowledge of the teaching and learning process. They have multiple field experiences in our partnering schools putting educational theory into practice.
These new major programs at The Ohio State University are currently under revision to meet the state teaching requirements. The proposed programs will allow qualifying students to earn full licensure in either Early or Middle Childhood education at the undergraduate level upon completion of the degree.
Because of the many proposed changes to the program at this time, it is highly recommended current, returning, and future students, planning to major in Early or Middle Childhood Education meet with academic advisor Amy Langhals to learn details of the program, including pre-major course requirements and qualifying grade point average for admission to the major and licensure.
Faculty and staff for Education:
- Dr. Dean Cristol - Associate Professor of Education and Academic Coordinator
- Dr. Hea-Jin Lee - Associate Professor of Mathematics Education
- Dr. Leah Herner-Patnode - Associate Professor of Special Education
- Dr. Young Ah Lee - Assistant Professor of Education
- Dr. Mary Christenson – Lecturer, Education
- Dr. Katie Barnes - Lecturer, Education
- Anjie Trusty - Education Program Coordinator
- Brittany Collier-Gibson - Lecturer, Education and Field Placement supervisor
- Dawn Wingate - Lecturer, Education and Field Supervisor
- Diane Bollinger - Lecturer, Education
- Bonnie Snyder - Lecturer, Education
- Amy Langhals - Undergraduate Academic Advisor
- Galvin Hall
For Columbus campus program ... http://ehe.osu.edu/
Student Services Center
4240 Campus Drive
Lima, OH 45804